Backend Developer PHP (M/F/D)
PicDrop is a privately owned company in the digital industry based in Berlin. Our customers are sophisticated photographers, designers, agencies, and companies to whom we provide a convenient SaaS tool for sending image data. Over 300 million images have been sent with PicDrop so far.
Since its foundation in 2014, we have been working hard to make our users happy. In our daily work, we consistently focus on the needs of our users, which will be reflected in your work and meaningful tasks. With you, we would like to expand our team for a long-term advancement.
The core of PicDrop is our PHP web application, which is gradually transforming into a service architecture as it grows and will be expanded with your help. Performance-critical parts in particular will be implemented as Java services. New challenges arise from developing a micro service architecture that has to be mastered.
Our frontend has been the focus of our backend services so far. More APIs are gradually added, which we make available to third-party providers. At the same time, we are continuously integrating other services into our product with the help of their interfaces.
The task of the development team is to guarantee functioning and performance even with changing requirements and to consider new technologies.
- Development of new functions in cooperation with your developer team
- Continuous adaptation to new scaling requirements
- Modernization of old application parts of our backend
- Migration of the software monolith into a scalable software architecture
- Joint further development of the overall architecture of the backend team
- Participation in our entire development process
What You Should Bring
Instead of your degrees, we are much more interested in your concrete skills, your latest projects, your Github account, or your blog. In other words, your skills and personality.
The following is nevertheless important to us:
- Project or product experience of several years (at least 2 years)
- Comprehensive knowledge in the development of modern PHP applications
- Experience with MVC- and persistence frameworks (Laravel, Symfony, Doctrine, etc.) are and advantage
- Proficient handling of SQL (MySQL, Postgres), NoSQL and REST APIs
- Knowledge of the main web protocols and confident work with them
- Sound experience in dealing with microservices and their typical pitfalls
- Project or product experience with other programming languages (e.g. Java or Go) as well as experience in working with AWS Cloud are a plus
- Fluent in German and English
- Fun with challenging product development
- Experience in cross-team project development and working in remote teams
- Independent, structured and priority-oriented working method
- Safe handling of agile methods
- Creative approach to problems, contributing your own ideas and enjoying personal and professional development
What We Offer
On picdrop.team you can find everything about us! From the structuring of your first working day, our communication and meeting culture to our way of working and our toolbox.
Moreover, you will find with us:
- Competitive salary and indefinite contract
- Flexible, trust-based working hours and the possibility for home office
- A neat, new office with very good public transport connections
- Modern equipment of your choice
- Short decision paths in a small and nice team
- A relaxed working environment
- Personal development and further training – you enjoy an individual learning budget, i.e. paid further training opportunities (seminars, conferences etc.)
- Coffee, drinks and fruit are provided as a matter of course
- Free annual ticket for public transport in Berlin
- A company pension scheme sponsored by PicDrop
- Regular company and team events
We Are Looking Forward To Meeting You!
Do you match the requirements? Get in touch with Franziska!
Don’t match the skills or experience exactly but still interested? Send us your application anyway. Together we can find out if there is a fit!
Please send your application incl. references to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 030 120 820 230 if you have any questions.
We look forward to hearing from you!